SCIENCE OF CALM
Towards a sense of wellbeing
Do your emotions rule your life? Do you experience too much anxiety, sadness or anger? Would you like to be more effective at managing relationships with your spouse, your children, friends and coworkers? Or would you just like to feel more at peace with yourself? If these options appeal to you then you will be interested in the Science of Calm.
SCIENCE OF CALM SEMINARS
It’s not rocket science but it is neuroscience. The Science of Calm approach to physical health and emotional wellbeing is based on one simple idea: A calm brain is the foundation for a calm mind and body, which leads to a greater sense of wellbeing. The information presented in our Science of Calm seminars is based on the most recent, empirically proven research on the brain. Designed to help you to better understand the science of mental life and the very real connection between mind, brain and body, we also provide you with simple techniques you can use to lead a calmer, happier, more effective life. Science of Calm seminars demystify how your nervous system works and how knowing a few simple principles, including but not limited to mindfulness, can change your life.
What will I learn?
- A new way to understand stress, anxiety and depression
- How evolution has shaped the human brain and what this means for how we live today
- The role early life experience plays in making us who we are
- How we change our brains and minds
- The role of emotion in mental life
- Why relationships are vital to our physical and emotional health
- Simple, scientifically proven strategies to reduce stress, manage anxiety and develop greater emotional resilience
What are my options?
We offer two versions of the Science of Calm seminar:
- Small group seminars for the general public held at different times throughout the year. Please contact us to learn about upcoming seminar dates.
- Customized on-site training to meet the specific needs of various organizations such as schools, businesses, medical clinics, police and emergency services. Please contact us to discuss your needs and learn more.